Careers at MPI
Inside Sales Representative
The inside sales representative works with a select team of motivated applications specialists. Members of the inside sales team field phone calls and e-mails from customers, sales channel partners and MPI sales managers. Key responsibilities include analyzing customer applications, recommending the correct MPI product, quoting the product, and processing customer orders through our ERP and CRM systems.
- Respond to customer phone calls, e-mails and online requests with professionalism to generate new customer orders.
- Ensure the department is properly staffed to receive incoming phone calls at all times during office hours.
- Receive daily RFQs (request for quotation) and review for completeness of information to properly process RFQ into Visual Manufacturing (ERP system) and Prophet (CRM system).
- Identify challenging or complex RFQs and review with other department heads to ensure accurate product pricing.
- Producing timely, accurate and complete budgetary and final quotations for SCPs and end users.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify potential for increase of profit possibilities or design improvements on standard product line.
- Develop and track standard sales /market pricing trends on assigned product lines versus cost of manufacturing to ensure continued competitiveness and profitability.
- Follow standard guidelines in pricing RFQs in ERP system using available tools and resources to ensure all RFQs meet process timeline standards.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through timely responses and effective conflict resolution.
- Comply with work order instructions to accurately enter information into ERP/CRM systems.
- Process all departmental documents in a timely manner to ensure information is properly distributed in accordance with departmental guidelines.
- Conduct analysis of competitors’ offerings and sales strategies, and maintain awareness of competitive environment.
Key Skills & Abilities:
- Energetic and motivated with a strong desire to succeed in a fast-paced sales environment
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and handle a variety of assignments.
- Must have the ability to learn a wide variety of technical products and their applications
- Proven verbal and written communication skills.
- 5+ years' of experience in quoting and costing industrial equipment
- Strong knowledge of these industries is a plus: manufacturing, food processing and safety, and recycling
- Experience with conveying equipment, magnetic separation equipment, sorting equipment and/or metal detection is a plus
- Experience in estimating metal fabrication products
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Experience with AutoCAD or other drafting software is a plus
- Experience with Visual Manufacturing (ERP system) and Prophet (CRM system) software is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use Microsoft Office software
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of pre-employment drug screen.
To apply, submit resume detailing work experience via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Inside Sales in the subject line.