Careers at Magnetic Products, Inc.
This person will represent MPI’s standards of excellence while executing their day to day responsibilities as a Quality Coordinator. This includes the oversight of all quality control documentation and tracking as part of the manufacturing process for all products, as well as incoming purchased parts. Key functions include: compliance to quality procedures and checks, performance final quality testing and verification, creation / documentation of quality parameters, creation / revision in quality procedures and protocols, champion of root cause analysis and reporting, training employees in quality procedures, and preparing the company for ISO 9001 certification.
He/ She will possess a high aptitude in both Electrical and Mechanical areas, with the ability to review schematics/drawings/designs and determine if manufactured equipment meets design specifications. Ideally, this person would also be able to support designers with electrical panel wiring and component schematic layouts, design requirements, UL documentation and physical panel builds to ensure compliance with UL 508A for electrical panels as it relates to quality.
- Lead by example when addressing quality issues.
- Inspect products manufactured for flaws or defects. Test items by analyzing size, weight, chemical composition, product performance and performance of subcomponents. Oversees all QCIR (Quality Control Inspection Report) documents and make changes that will improve MPI’s Quality capabilities as a leader in the industry. Prepare and maintain cost of quality metric and FPY (First Time Part Yields). Will report results weekly to the production floor and management.
- Experiment with products to determine reliability and if the products will withstand wear and tear. Improve upon materials and parts used in production process. Ensure production process meets industry standards.
- Perform statistical analysis and data analysis. Create reports of quality control tests and analyze the data to determine if any changes in the production process are necessary. Develop and implement quality improvement activities and policies. Fulfill documentation and reporting requirements for the Quality Management program.
- Develop performance improvement targets for quality, service and efficiency. Determine if program is achieving its goals. Implement systems to ensure that services conform to regulatory requirement.
- Approve incoming material by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, rejecting the non-conforming material.
- Develop educational materials. Develop and maintain a system for outcomes measurement. Assist with quality control audits.
- Provide external customer support. Investigate, monitor, document and report on quality of care and service issues. Conduct surveys to solicit feedback.
- Assist the company in achieving ISO 9001 certification.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures.
- Confirm and support adherence to compliance of our certifications (508A, UL certification) for electrical panels.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Experience with principles of continuous quality improvement.
- Able to analyze and document information.
- Able to read blue prints and electrical schematics.
- Able to use and understand measuring/testing equipment- calipers, pull test scales, etc.
- Associates degree in Electronics or Mechatronics or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years’ experience performing technical repairs / service on Metal Detectors, Sensor technologies, Mechatronic or similar systems.
- Excellent electrical, software, and mechanical troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to translate hardware I/O functions from specifications into PLC logic programming/modifications preferred
- Experience with computers, networks, and IT.
- Ability to interface and work in a team environment to resolve customer concerns.
- Basic welding and fabrication skills a plus.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of pre-employment drug screen.
To apply, submit resume detailing work experience via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Quality Coordinator in the subject line.