Food Industry - Standard Products
The evolution of global food safety standards is a constant reminder
of the importance of maintaining product quality and the need to ensure
that final products are free from all types of contaminants. To assist
your plant in meeting these ever-increasing standards, MPI offers a
complete line of Magnetic Separators and Metal Detectors to assist
manufacturers to safeguard their products and processing equipment from
foreign contaminants. MPI designs, engineers and builds a variety of
equipment for the food industry.
Download Food Brochure (PDF - 1.01 MB)
Free-Flow Cylinder Magnets (FFC series) and Mini Free-Flow Cylinder Magnets (MFFS series) capture both large and small tramp metal from high-volume, abrasive, vertical gravity-fed product streams. FFC and MFFS series magnets provide maximum ferrous tramp metal retention in product streams where “wash-off” is a concern.
• MPI exclusive, heavy-duty hexagon-shaped permanent magnet
• Stainless steel housing
• Available in a variety of sizes to meet application requirements
Click to view our Free-Flow Magnets.
Grate and Tube Magnets
Grate Magnets (GM series) remove medium- and small-to-medium-size ferrous tramp metal contaminants from dry, granular free-flowing product streams in gravity-fed vertical chutes, hoppers, housings, and surge or catch bins. Grate Magnets offer efficient, economical magnetic protection of processing equipment while improving product purity.
• Square, rectangular or round configurations
• Four different styles, depending on product flow characteristics
• Multiple magnetic rows, non-standard row spacing and powerful
• Rare Earth magnet energy design options
Magnetic Tubes (MT series) are commonly used to remove small-to-medium size ferrous tramp metal contaminants from a variety of product streams to improve product quality and protect processing machinery.
Click to view our Grates and Tubes.
Magnetic Head Pulley / Separation Roll Magnets (SR series) remove both large and small ferrous tramp iron contaminants from belt-conveyed product streams in belt conveyor systems.
• Powerful permanent Ceramic 8 magnet material
• Three different hub styles and crown faces available
• Face widths from 8” to 62” and face diameters from 4” to 36”
• Options include Rare Earth magnet material
Click to view our Separation Rolls.
Drawer MagnetsAvailable in five standard styles and a variety of sizes, Drawer Magnets (DMU series) remove small-to-medium-sized ferrous tramp metal contaminants from dry, granular free-flowing product streams in gravity-fed vertical chutes.
• MPI exclusive magnet cleaning systems
• Rare Earth permanent magnet material
• Single or multi-tier Drawer Housing designs to fit any chute
Click to view our Drawer Magnets.
Drum MagnetsMagnetic Drum Separators and Housing (DSH series) provide trouble-free automatic extraction of tramp iron from heavy flows of abrasive and large-sized materials such as sugarcane, corn etc.
• Powerful permanent Ceramic 8 (standard) or optional Rare Earth magnet material
• Standard sizes: 12” dia. to 36” dia. and widths from 12” to 60”
Click to view our Drum Magnets.
Liquid Conveying SystemsLiquid Plate Trap Magnets (LPT series) and Liquid Finger Trap Magnets (LFT series) and protect product flow lines and pumps by magnetically removing ferrous contaminants from liquid and slurry product streams. LPT and LFT magnets provide purification of liquids and tramp metal separation for a variety of wet food processing industries, from fluid and strained products to viscous and heavy fibrous products.
• Powerful ceramic magnet material (standard) and Rare Earth (option)
• Stainless steel sanitary and liquid-tight construction
• Available for line sizes from 1½” to 8” diameter
Click to view our Liquid Conveying Systems.
Magnetic ChutesMagnetic Chute Separators (MC series) automatically capture ferrous tramp iron in high-volume, vertical, gravity-fed product streams. The MC-Series magnets are ideal for use with heavy product flows which would otherwise bridge or choke if filtered through magnetic grates. MPI’s MC Series magnets are used in the food industry to improve product quality and protect equipment.
• Available in two- or three-cell magnet element designs
• Magnetic face steps optimize tramp iron collection
• Offered in 14 standard sizes
• Powerful Rare Earth magnet material (option)
Click to view our Magnetic Chutes.
Plate MagnetsPlate Magnets (PM series) are used in gravity-fed angled chutes which convey low-to-high volume product streams. Typical installations are below-the-flow, where product flows over the magnetic face, providing optimum ferrous tramp metal retention in a wide variety of chute applications.
• Stainless steel enclosure
• Permanent Ceramic 8 magnet material
• Six standard magnetic strengths available to fit most chute applications in widths from 4” to 72”
• Options include quick-clean designs, Rare Earth magnet material and others
Click to view our Plate Magnets.
Pneumatic Conveying SystemsPneumatic Line Magnets remove inbound tramp metal from products conveyed by air.
• Stainless steel enclosed assembly
• Exclusive tramp metal cleaning design
• Several standard sizes available in three models
• Most efficient design for capturing and controlling tramp metal
Click to view our Pneumatic Conveying Systems.
Suspended Permanent MagnetsSuspended Permanent Magnet Separators produce the most effective removal of unwanted tramp iron from heavy burdened depths of material being conveyed on a fast moving conveyor belt.
• Powerful permanent Ceramic 8 magnet material
• Five standard sizes
• Rugged custom formed all-welded construction
Click to view our Suspended Permanent Magnets.
Metal DetectorsMPI offers a complete line of next-generation Cassel Metal Detectors, featuring “Four-Quadrant” technology. Integrated Four-Quadrant technology allows Cassel equipment to readily adjust settings to detect metals in even the most “difficult” products such as cheese or high salt content foods.
To ensure maximum performance, users are taken through a series of easy-to-follow, step-by-step, high-graphic screens to set standards for product testing. By finding even the smallest particles of ferrous, nonferrous and stainless steel contaminants, Cassel Metal Detectors assist food processors to meet HACCP, IFS, BRC and GMP safety standards. Able to meet the needs of a variety of applications in harsh production environments, equipment models can be installed on conveyor lines or onto gravity feed pipes. MPI also offers a complete line of checkweighers.
Click to view our Metal Detectors.